Newcomer Help

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Feb 10 15:47:45 EST 2014

On 2014-02-10, Walter Hughey <wkhughey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apple does install a version of Python, normally a somewhat older
> version. My computer has 2.5 and 2.6 installed and I have opened it
> and inserted code that works. I do need a way to write the code, test
> it, and then save a copy to turn in for the assignment. I was not
> aware that a normal text editor would work. I shall definitely look
> at that later today.

Can't you just use <whatever> to edit a Python source file and then
run it like you do on other Unix systems?

 $ emacs myprog.py
or
 $ vi myprog.py
or
 $ <myeditor> myprog.py

then
 $ python myprog.py

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! The SAME WAVE keeps
                                  at               coming in and COLLAPSING