Using virtualenv to bypass sudoer issues

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Mon Feb 10 05:06:31 EST 2014

Thank you all for you insights.

I'll probably go with virtualenv, I'll be able to distribute it among the team.
There's still one point worrying me though:
We're doing a lot a remote execution. We're using "execnet" http://codespeak.net/execnet/, and I'm not sure it can be compatible with virtualenv. execnet working at the "python level" I don't see how I can execute shell stuff before.

I had a look at fabric http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.8/, and it looks like it can handle virtual env (anyone confirm?).

Has someone already successfully remotely activated a venv then execute a python scripts within that env, getting back the stdout/stderr ?

I'm afraid right now that switching to venv would mean switching from execnet to fabric as well (I hate redoing stuff that works :-/ ).

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.