Python 2.7.6 help with modules

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 00:05:49 EST 2014

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:14:10 AM UTC+5:30, Scott W Dunning wrote:
> I have a question that was a part of my homework and I got it correct but the teacher urged me to do it using the % sign rather than subtracting everything, for some reason I'm having issues getting it to calculate correctly.  I'll put the question below, and what I originally had and below that what I've been working on with the %.

Simple hint
When you divide a by b, you get a quotient(q) and remainder(r) satisfying the equation
a = qb + r

Instead of keeping on calculating r by doing
r= a - qb

you can use python's builtin divmod which will give you q and r together

>>> t=65
>>> divmod(t,60)
(1, 5)

which basically means that 65 secs is 1 min and 5 secs