Python 2.7.6 help with white spaces?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Feb 7 00:24:34 EST 2014

Scott W Dunning <swdunning at cox.net> writes:

> I keep trying differnt things but, I’m just very new to this.

A few things that will make your communications more fruitful:

* Please don't top-post. Trim the quoted material to the parts relevant
  for your response, and respond inline like a normal discussion.

  <URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style>

* Ensure that your message composer doesn't munge your text. The code
  you show us needs to be *exactly* what the Python interpreter will
  see; turn off anything which replaces one character with another (such
  as quotation marks), or wraps the code lines.

* When asking about an error, *show us* the error by pasting exactly
  what the error is, including the part where it shows what line raised
  the exception.

* Tell us what you expected the code to do, and how its behaviour is
  violating your expectations.

Thanks for joining discussions here, hopefully you can become a good
part of this community.

--
 \      “If I haven't seen as far as others, it is because giants were |
  `\                           standing on my shoulders.” —Hal Abelson |