Python 2.7.6 help with white spaces?

Scott W Dunning swdunning at cox.net
Fri Feb 7 00:01:23 EST 2014

Oops, thought you said turning a str into an int.  Yeah, I’m actually using Idle on a mac.  I keep trying differnt things but, I’m just very new to this.

Is this what you’re talking about?

minutes=3
seconds=11

print str(minutes) + ‘:’ + str(seconds)

Unfortunately I keep getting an error.  Also, not really clear on the reasoning behind changing the int to a string?