kivy

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Wed Feb 5 08:33:08 EST 2014

 Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 1:25:43 AM UTC+5:30, bharath wrote:
>> please help im just frustrated after writing a long code and seeing that it isn't working..
>
> Prior to Kernighan and Ritchie people did tend to write 'a long code'
> and then check that its working (or not).  After 'The C programming
> language' -- which is about 40 years -- starting any programming
> enterprise without writing AND CHECKING the equivalent of "Hello
> World" is just never done.
>
> IOW you underestimate how many niggling details both of the system and
> of your understanding are checked by that approach

I recall vividly when turnaround for the cross-assembler (remotely
 located) was typically close to 2 days.  One of the projects I
 did was to write an assembler that built our code locally.  And
 once the hardware existed,  I ported the assembler to run on the
 target directly.  Cut typical module assembly time to less than 5
 minutes. 1973-1975

--
DaveA