[OT] Usage of U+00B6 PILCROW SIGN (was: generator slides review and Python doc (+/- text bug))

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 01:51:43 EST 2014

Le lundi 3 février 2014 23:56:43 UTC+1, Ben Finney a écrit :
> Rotwang <sg552 at hotmail.co.uk> writes:
>

> > Why on Earth would the ["¶", U+00B6 PILCROW SIGN] correspond to an
>
> > EOL? The section sign and pilcrow have a history of being used to
>
> > refer to sections and paragraphs respectively, so using them for

> Symbols commonly have multiple meanings, derived from usage.
>

> <URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilcrow#Contemporary_use>
>

> --
>
>  \      "Progress might have been all right once, but it's gone on too |
>
>   `\                                                long." --Ogden Nash |
>
> _o__)                                                                  |
>
> Ben Finney

I got it. If I'm visiting a page like this:

http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html#the-python-tutorial

1) To read the page, I'm scrolling down.
2) When I have finished to read the page, I scroll up
(or scroll back/up) to the top of the page until I see
this "feature" and the title.
3) I click on this "feature".
4) The title, already visible, moves, let's say, "2cm" higher.

...?

Having a pilcrow to signal or to display an end of paragraph is
one thing. Using a pilcrow as a link seems to me very strange.
Especially if the target of that link has nothing to with
paragraph, but with "section"!

jmf