undefined symbol: _PyUnicodeUCS4_AsDefaultEncodedString

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Feb 3 14:52:17 EST 2014

> Good luck getting this fixed. Even if you do manage to get your vendor
> to start shipping wide builds, you're going to have people screaming
> about how much more RAM their processes use now :( Never mind that
> other Linux builds of Python have done the same thing for years.

Our vendor hasn't been all that responsive about other things, so I'm
not too worried about the screams from users. Besides, essentially
everything we do that matters here is plain old ASCII. Many of our C++
libraries don't grok Unicode, so there's not much chance a wide
version of Python from our vendor would cause much problem.

Thanks,

Skip