generator slides review and Python doc (+/- text bug)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:46:05 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM,  <wxjmfauth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le lundi 3 février 2014 18:42:36 UTC+1, Rotwang a écrit :
>> On 03/02/2014 13:59, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hint: try clicking the ¶.
>
> I never was aware of this "feature". Is it deliverate?
>
> It gives to me the feeling of a badly programmed
> html page, especially if this sign does correspond
> to an eol!

Very deliberate, and very useful. I don't know why that sign should
correspond to a line end; I grew up with it representing "paragraph",
which is close to what it means here. (Well, that and "Ctrl-T", since
it was character 20 on those old systems.) Yes, it does sometimes get
a little distracting as the mouse moves over and away, but it would be
more confusing to have it always shown, and I don't know of any better
way to do it.

ChrisA