EuroPython 2015 will be in Bilbao, Spain !

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 05:25:24 EST 2014

Le mercredi 24 décembre 2014 12:46:26 UTC+1, M.-A. Lemburg a écrit :
> The EuroPython Society (EPS) is happy to announce that we have decided
> to accept the proposal from the on-site team ACPySS
> (http://www.pyss.org/) in Spain to hold EuroPython 2015 in Bilbao,
> Spain. The decision was made in Monday's EPS board meeting.
>
> We are extremely happy to have received the proposal and would like to
> thank everyone from the ACPySS team for their work on the excellent
> submission:
>
>  * ACPySS proposal for EuroPython 2015 in Bilbao (41MB PDF)
>    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx19vj8xvwd8wc9/Proposal-Bilbao-final.pdf?dl=1
>
> The cooperation with the ACPySS throughout the proposal process has
> been very productive. The EPS board is now working together with the
> ACPySS on the venue selection. The conference dates will be announced
> as soon as we have finalized the venue.
>

> Sponsoring EuroPython
> ---------------------
>
> Companies who would like to signup as EuroPython 2015 sponsor are
> encouraged to contact the sponsor workgroup at sponsoring at europython.eu.
> We will be taking on launch sponsors early in January.
>
> The two venues we have for the conference have plenty of room for
> sponsor booths, so we will try to make EuroPython 2015 as effective as
> possible for sponsors by offering more booth space and sponsors slots
> than ever before.
>
> This is your chance to reach out to more than a thousand enthusiastic
> and highly motivated EuroPython attendees !
>

> EuroPython Workgroups
> ---------------------
>
> In Monday's meeting we have also initiated the following EuroPython
> workgroups and will follow up in separate blog posts:
>
>  * Finance
>  * Sponsors
>  * Web
>  * On-site Team
>
> We are still looking for volunteers to help with the following workgroups:
>
>  * Conference Administration (contracts, venue contact, ticket
>    support, satellite conferences, legal support, insurance,
>    licensing)
>
>  * Support (helpdesk, attendee support contact, visa help, travel
>    management, chat support for attendees)
>
>  * Financial Aid (setup, grant selection, aid organisation)
>
>  * Marketing/Design (brochures, advertisements, banners, flyers,
>    travel guide, t-shirts, lanyards, badges, panels, logo)
>
>  * Media (video recording, live streaming, live translations, uploads
>    to YouTube and archive.org)
>
> More information about workgroups is available on our workgroups page:
>
>     http://www.europython-society.org/workgroups
>
> If you want to help, please apply for one or more workgroups which you
> feel match your interests and experience. If you'd like to help, but
> don't have enough experience, yet are willing to learn, please apply
> as well.
>
> To apply please send an email to board at europython.eu with your
> details, the motivation for applying (basically why and how you think
> [...]

If there is a set of characters, where Python is failing
very well, this is certainly the set of characters
of the scripts used in Europe [#] .
Shortly all the characters in the code point range
[128, 255] of the iso-8859-XX coding schemes. Ditto
for the cpXXX coding schemes.

Much more problematic than the usual blindly tested
simple Chinese or Japanese characters. Korean/Hangul is
(or may be) seen as a little bit more complicate.

[#] also in Py2 !

jmf