suggestions for VIN parsing

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 09:47:12 EST 2014

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 16:27:20 -0700, Vincent Davis wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Denis McMahon
> <denismfmcmahon at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Note, I think the 1981 model year ran KCA - DCA prefixes, not as shown
>> on the website you quoted.

> ​Denis,
> Regarding the KCA - DCA prefixes, do you have a source as to why you
> think this?

Study the website carefully. Calculate the prefixes for the 1981 and 1982
model years according to the table on the website.

K .. D would be the appropriate month prefixes for the 1981 model year,
but if both the 1981 and 1982 model years used DA as a year prefix, there
would be some prefixes that appeared twice, in the 1981 model year and
the 1982 model year.

Which suggests to me that there's been a slip up somewhere.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com