Classes - "delegation" question.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Dec 26 01:48:55 EST 2014

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> However, be warned that there are two subtly different models for
> delegation. Here's the one that people seem to forget:
>
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/519639-true-lieberman-style-delegation-in-python/

Very interesting!

The recipe at that URL works only on Python 2. Here is a version which
works on both Python 2 and Python 3
<URL:https://gitorious.org/lieberman-style-delegation/lieberman-style-delegation/>.

Licensed under the PSF license, which isn't really appropriate [0] but
that's the license under which the original was received.

[0] It's only appropriate for Python itself, and contributions to Python
    shouldn't even be licensed that way
    <URL:https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundationLicenseFaq#What_if_I_want_to_contribute_my_code_to_the_PSF.3F>.
    Apache Software Foundation License 2.0 would be better.

--
 \       “When I get new information, I change my position. What, sir, |
  `\             do you do with new information?” —John Maynard Keynes |