Sending plain text messages (was: what is wrong with d.clear()?)

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 23 17:15:20 EST 2014

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:31:44 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> alister <alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com> writes:
>
>> Sometime I have to switch to HTML @ work but even then only when I want
>> to send someone a screen shot
>
> I've been able to attach images to plain text messages without any
> trouble. Why would HTML be needed? MIME attachments work just fine.

Indeed although sometimes it is better to have the image "in Line" rather
than forcing the recipient to open it in another application.

for the same reason a pet hate of mine is a memo sent as an attached
document when it could simply have been the body of the text.

I try to use the right format & the right time (& I do not claim to be
perfect at this) & limit my HTML emails to when they will benefit the
intended recipient ( A knowledge of the intended recipient helps in
making this choice).

a news group is not the place for HTML

--
A private sin is not so prejudicial in the world as a public indecency.
		-- Miguel de Cervantes