what is wrong with d.clear()?

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Tue Dec 23 15:15:03 EST 2014

On 12/23/2014 07:59 AM, shawool wrote:
> Thank you for answering my query.
>
> Fonts and colors are reset to defaults now. Sorry for the inconvenience
> caused.
>
> Regards,
> Shawool

The following is a piece of your message:

div>Fonts and colors are reset to defaults now. Sorry for the inconvenience=
class=3D"gmai=
l_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM, St=
eve Hayes <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:hayesstw at telkomsa.net" ta=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex"><span class=3D"">On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:33:53 +1100, Ste=
ven D'Aprano<br>

Still looks like html to me.  Sooner or later you'll mess somebody up
doing that.  My current email program can ignore that part, and for a
simple message I have no problem, but many of us have had trouble
before, and will again.

As Steven says, it's probably hopeless, but if I can just convince a few
more people --     tell your email program to just use text.  Help stamp
out html mail, except when it actually helps.  And not on a text forum,
where some gateways don't even handle the html correctly.

--
DaveA