what is wrong with d.clear()?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Dec 22 21:27:01 EST 2014

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:

> Is there a reason you're composing your messages with a large, colored
> font?

How do you know what font the OP is using to compose his text?

I see his post in the font of my choosing, which for the record is "DejaVu
LGC Sans Mono 10", in black, on a white background. But if I was stupid
enough to use "Comic Sans 72" in light green on a pale pink background, or
if the OP choose to use the same, why is that anyone's business but ours?

Anyone who sets their mail or news client to render HTML messages by default
is simply opening themselves to a world of hurt. Poor choices of font is
only the beginning of what nasties the sender can do to you if you render
HTML in your mail/news client.

--
Steven