what is wrong with d.clear()?

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 16:19:35 EST 2014

On Monday, December 22, 2014 12:54:55 PM UTC-8, Rick Johnson wrote:
> On Monday, December 22, 2014 12:16:03 PM UTC-6, sohca... at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, December 22, 2014 12:16:15 AM UTC-8, shawool wrote:
> >
> > [snip: OP's adolescent accessorizing] @_@
> >
> > Is there a reason you're composing your messages with a
> > large, colored font Shit's obnoxious, yo.
>
> Whilst i don't share shawool's penchant of utilizing the
> brutish urban vernacular, i must agree that he has a valid
> point.
>
> Please don't be tempted to use large fonts (or very small
> fonts), typically anything around 12 pts will suffice. Also,
> using any font color besides black, or background color
> besides white, should be limited except to *VERY* rare
> occasions.

I would argue that you should never use *ANY* formatting.  No font size changes.  No colors.  No fonts.  If you need to set a larger font because you have difficulty reading, then just change your client's display font.  There's no need to compose messages that send HTML to override how other people see your message.  It's just rude, since they might have their client set to use a specific font size when viewing messages, and you've just overridden it for selfish reasons.

Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules.

> If you think that by using a large font and bright color for
> you "whole post" that your question is more likely to "stand
> out", then you are correct, but it most likely stand out in
> a negative way. I feel it just as annoying as someone who
> constantly bumps a thread even when no one is responding.

Absolutely agreed.