Hello World

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:37:08 EST 2014

On Monday, December 22, 2014 4:21:13 AM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Awww, did da widdle puddy tat get up on the wrong side of the bed this
> morning? :-)
>

> Obviously you don't write obfuscated code like this for production use,
> except in such cases where you deliberately want to write obfuscated code
> for production use.
>
> Any beginner with 3 seconds experience with Python can write:
>
>     print "Hello World"

Bad Boy -- Stand in the corner for forgetting the '()'
[Good boys use python3]
On a more serious note...

> Tony the Tiger wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 23:57:08 +1100, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> >
> >> I am in total awe.
> >
> > I'm not. It has no real value. Write your code like that and you'll soon
> > be looking for a new job.

If a python teacher wanted, that blog has enough internal python mechanisms on display strung together into a cute result
for a number of lectures. [If only I could wrap my brain round it all]

IOW learning language-L and real world programming in L are
quite different. Related to

1. People read programs far more often than they write
2. Different types of vocabularies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocabulary#Degree_of_knowledge
and next