very weird pandas behavior

ryguy7272 ryanshuell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:25:38 EST 2014

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 10:46:40 AM UTC-5, ryguy7272 wrote:
> I downloaded pandas and put it in my python directory, then, at the C-prompt, I ran this:
> "pip install pandas"
>
> It looks like everything downloaded and installed fine.  Great.
>
> Now, in Python Shell, I enter this:
> import pandas as pd
>
> I get this error.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#19>", line 1, in <module>
>     import pandas as pd
> ImportError: No module named pandas
>

> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I just ran these two commands in the c-prompt:
pip install --upgrade numpy
pip install --upgrade pandas

It seemed like everything was being downloaded and installed.  Seems ok.  Then I go back to the Python Shell and ran 'import numpy' & 'import pandas' and I still get the errors that I got before.

So, I move on to this:
pip uninstall numpy
pip uninstall pandas

It says, cannon uninstall, non installed.

Sorry, but that's what drives me nuts.  I install a few packages, and the messages that I get says the package is installed...then it says it's NOT installed...I don't know what to think...