Hello World

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Dec 21 17:51:02 EST 2014

Tony the Tiger wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 23:57:08 +1100, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> I am in total awe.
>
> I'm not. It has no real value. Write your code like that and you'll soon
> be looking for a new job.

Awww, did da widdle puddy tat get up on the wrong side of the bed this
morning? :-)

Obviously you don't write obfuscated code like this for production use,
except in such cases where you deliberately want to write obfuscated code
for production use.

Any beginner with 3 seconds experience with Python can write:

    print "Hello World"

But being able to write obfuscated code to that degree displays real skill
and understanding of the language, and a great deal of patience and "stick
with it"-ness, all of which are valuable work skills.

--
Steven