Is there a way to schedule my script?

Josh English Joshua.R.English at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 12:13:14 EST 2014

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:11:11 AM UTC-8, Juan Christian wrote:
> I know about the schedule modules and such but they work in situations like 'run this in a X hours/minutes/seconds interval', I already have my code in a while loop with sleep (it's a bit ugly, I'l change to a scheduler soon).
>

> What I really want is, for example:
>

> 24/7/365
> 9:00 AM -> Start
> 11:59 PM -> Stop
>

> 9:00 AM ~ 11:50 PM -> Running
> 12:00 AM ~ 8:59 AM -> Stopped
>

> I want my script to start at a given time and stop at another given time, is that possible?

Windows comes with a Task Scheduler but as I'm playing with it, it only seems to allow starting a program, but not actually shutting it down.

I would consider including a timed shutdown in your program or build another app, as is suggested below, to send SHUTDOWN commands to running apps. How you would link the running processes, I do not fully understand.