Portable code: __import__ demands different string types between 2 and 3

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Dec 15 22:07:03 EST 2014

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> If you don't have and won't open an account on the tracker, if you can
> come up with a minimal example that demonstrates the issue, I'll open
> an issue for you. (But I'd rather you did it yourself :-)

Thank you for the offer. Fortunately, the Python bug tracker does not
require me to maintain credentials for that site (I can use any OpenID),
so I've got an account there.

--
 \     “Our task must be to free ourselves from our prison by widening |
  `\    our circle of compassion to embrace all humanity and the whole |