PySchool.net, kickstarter campaign

Billy Earney billy.earney at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 10:07:19 EST 2014

Greetings!

For the past few months, I've been developing a website for educators and
students to learn computer programming (ie, Python).  My first project has
been to create a basic programming environment entirely within a browser.
Students can create, edit, load, save, and execute Python scripts directly
in the browser.    This coding environment (or IDE) is somewhat similar to
cloud9, but has education in mind, and thus provides a much simpler
environment for those focused on learning.

To keep things short,  here is the URL pyschool.net if you would be
interested in looking at the website.  This is a working application.  Feel
free to use it. There is also a gallery where you can view and execute
examples (many of these come off of the brython.info website,  which helps
power the pyschool.net app).   This is not written in stone.  If educators
make it clear that some other environment is needed, I'm willing to adjust.

I've decided to try to kick this into high gear (it took several months of
my free time (nights/weekends) to get the site where it is). I'd like to
work on this full time, and greatly enhance the site, add tutorials,
(compile existing web resources) and also look at adding some K-4 level
computing resources like blockly (https://code.google.com/p/blockly/)  and
tools to help educators and students.   To do this, I've created a
kickstarter campaign.

The main directives of PySchool.net is to be free for educators and
students forever, to reduce the technological burdens of hosting
programming classes,  and help compile resources to help produce lesson
plans, etc.

Here's the campaign link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2030013583/pyschoolnet-advancing-python-in-the-classroom

Feel free to check it out.. :)