encrypt the http request url on the local machine

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:44:26 EST 2014

On 12/12/2014 08:53 AM, iMath wrote:
> After some retinking on my question ,I found what I am really want is
> not let  any other guys using packet analyzer software know the
> server name (host name) my software is sending data to .
>
> so I translate the host name to IP address format, it somewhat hides
> the host name. Another question is : for common sites, is the IP
> address under the host name hardly  changing ?

I don't see what that will accomplish.  Of what value is the hostname vs
the IP address?  Many servers have proper reverse entries in DNS to map
IP addresses back to host names.

Furthermore a packet trace can show exactly what the HTTP request was,
and that doesn't matter whether you do IP address or hostname.

As for whether the IP address changes often, depends on the server.
Sometimes some web sites use a cluster of servers and each name lookup
will give you a different IP address (round robin lookup).