is_<whatever_you_are_testing_for> as method or property?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Dec 12 16:03:26 EST 2014

On 12 December 2014 at 12:26, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
>> I've got several cases which are not obvious to me.
>> For instance, class Foo has a boolean attribute, read-write,
>> which I see a couple of realisations for possible:
>>

> 0) Attribute only.
>
> class Foo:
>     pass
>
> Foo().default = True
>
> Unless you need something more than this, go with this style. Much simpler.

Agreed, in general, but if the question was related to such simple case,
I wouldn't bother asking it.

I mentioned, setting the new value involves more changes to Foo()
instance, so i's not possible to capture it with just an assignment.
Hence, the discussion between property vs method.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net