Run Programming ?????

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:25:58 EST 2014

On Friday, December 12, 2014 7:44:12 AM UTC-8, Delgado Motto wrote:
> I was specifically talking POCKETABLE devices so Phablet or Telephone preferably, simply hopeful as smaller machines continue to become more capable, but I expected as much of this being a problem. Thanks.

Its not a matter of processing power.  The Motorola Droid I got five years ago could certainly run a Python app if someone wrote an interpreter for it, and I imagine someone already has.

The problem is actually writing code.  Typing on a touch-screen keyboard is already difficult enough.  Dealing with frequently having to type special characters (parentheses, brackets, colons, etc.) and numbers would make it extremely tedious to the point of being painful.  Top that off with having a tiny screen so you can only see around 5 lines of code at a time and being unable to have a decent debugging UI, and you're really looking at a truly miserable time.

The real challenge won't be the software engineering, it'll be fighting with an absolutely piss-poor interface for doing it.