Call for speakers for the first PyCon Belarus. Python-announce

serge Guelton serge.guelton at enst-bretagne.fr
Fri Dec 12 09:59:19 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 04:32:26PM +0300, Alina Dolgikh wrote:
> Hello, dear community!
>
> I represent Belarusian Python community. We have regular monthly meet-ups
> for 70-100 persons and we are going to develop further.
>
> We are planning to make the first Belarusian PyCon on the 31st of January
> and looking for speakers.
>
> We will be glad to meet at our event speakers, which are experienced in
> public talks (links for videos of public talks or for the other conferences
> web-pages are preferable) and can speak at

>     - CI, pypy, C-extensions, python performance

I there,

I am the core developer of the Pythran[0] compiler, a Python to C++
compiler that focuses on the numpy package optimization, and tries hard
to turn high-level Numpy code into low-level, vectorized, parallel C++
code. I presented an early version at Scipy 2013[1], this should give
you a decent idea of my yet to improve speaker skills :-/

Any way, I would be happy to speak about it at PyCon Belarusian!

If you're intereseted/curious, I can provide a more detailed description
;-)

See ya,

Serge

[0] http://pythonhosted.org/pythran/