When do default parameters get their values set?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Dec 10 22:49:46 EST 2014

Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:

> In the FP world referential opaqueness is the name of the devil.

Caring about object identity is not the same as referential opacity.

> In the more 'real' imperative/OO world there's way too much of it.

I'm very glad to be programming in the real world; there is more
achievement in solving problems here.

--
 \             “The power of accurate observation is frequently called |
  `\        cynicism by those who don't have it.” —George Bernard Shaw |