Ftplib.FTP_TLS Ports

Eric seag33k at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:13:40 EST 2014

We are trying to open our firewall but it keeps failing.  The docs state
that the default port is 21 and we've opened port 21.  I've ran tcpdump on
the box while running the script.  I see a destination port of 21, but
there seems to be random destination ports such as 2320 which follow.  If
we open the firewall to allow all traffic, the script works.  Here is a
snip of what I have for the ftp portion.  Any ideas would be helpful.

import ftplib

session = ftplib.FTP_TLS('xxx.ftp.com','user','password')
file = open('Bkup.tar.gz','rb')
session.storbinary('STOR Bkup.tar.gz', file)
file.close()
session.quit()

Thanks!
Eric