Python Iterables struggling using map() built-in

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Dec 9 21:44:54 EST 2014

In article <54878f8a$0$13010$c3e8da3$5496439d at news.astraweb.com>,
 Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> I really think you guys are trying too hard to make this function seem more
> complicated than it is. If you find it so hard to understand a simple
> function with four short lines, one wonders how you would possibly cope
> with real code.

Well, look at it this way.  You've got several folks here (I count
Terry, Ned, Chris, and myself) all saying, "We find this confusing", and
you're saying, "nobody should find this confusing".  I suppose one
possible explanation for this dichotomy is that we're all incapable of
dealing with real code.  Yeah, that must be it.