Do you like the current design of python.org?

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Tue Dec 9 15:24:24 EST 2014

On 12/05/2014 03:30 AM, Fetchinson responded to
> Steven D'Aprano's rant of:
>>
>> Many links are broken. When you click on the broken link, it says that it
>> has been reported and will be fixed, but weeks later it remains broken,
>> e.g.:
>>
>> https://www.python.org/doc/essays/metaclasses/Eiffel.py
>
> What makes you think that this page is ought to return actual content?

Could you rephrase that question?  The way it's worded at the moment is like going to a restaurant, ordering some food,
having the plate of food put in front of you, trying to eat the food and getting nothing but air, and then having the
waiter say, "What makes you think there would be actual substance?"

> And what would you estimate, how many standard deviations are you away
> from the average viewer of python.org in terms of these metrics (where
> the metrics are like/dislike of menus, like/dislike of mouse moving,
> like/dislike of unexpected browser behavior, like/dislike of links,
> like/dislike of slide shows, etc.)?

I am reminded of the quote by Edsger W. Dijkstra:

  Simplicity and elegance are unpopular because they require
  hard work and discipline to achieve and education to be
  appreciated.

--
~Ethan~