jitpy - Library to embed PyPy into CPython

Joshua Landau joshua.landau at 1
Tue Dec 9 11:32:00 EST 2014

  To: python-list
On 7 December 2014 at 14:31, Albert-Jan Roskam
<fomcl at yahoo.com.dmarc.invalid> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 11:06 AM CET Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>
>>I think this is trying to position PyPy more in the same corner as other
>>JIT compilers for CPython, as opposed to keeping it a completely separate
>>thing which suffers from being "not CPython". It's a huge dependency, but
>>so are others.
>
> You mean like psyco? Well, if implementation differences between cpython and
pypy are a problem, it might be useful. I've only come across a few unimportant
ones. Bu then, I never reimplement __del__.
> http://pypy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/cpython_differences.html

Some libraries don't work on PyPy; SciPy for example. If you want to
use SciPy but use PyPy where appropriate, this is a good bet.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
 * Origin: <SpaceSST.BBS.Fidonet<>NNTP.gateway. at .piz.noip.me> (1:249/999)
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway