why can't download file from linux server into local window disk c:

Chris Angelico chris.angelico at 1
Tue Dec 9 11:32:00 EST 2014

  To: Luuk
Copy: python-list at python.org (python-list at python.org)

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 5:11 AM, Luuk <luuk34 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8-12-2014 18:37, ishish wrote:
>>>
>>>     with open(localpath, 'wb') as fl:
>>> PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'c:'
>>

>> I remember gloomily (haven't used windows since ages) that newer Windows
>> versions don't like users to write directly to C:. Have you tried to
>> save the file to your Documents folder?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alba
>

> no, it's the ssh-server denying a log on from 'root'

It looks to me more like an issue with path naming. Try 'c:/' instead
of 'c:', or use '/' to mean the root directory of the current drive.
Alternatively, do a web search for the problem and the symptoms, as
you're unlikely to be the first person to have run into this.

ChrisA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
 * Origin: <SpaceSST.BBS.Fidonet<>NNTP.gateway. at .piz.noip.me> (1:249/999)
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway