Tabs for indentation & Spaces for alignment in Python 3?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sat Dec 6 15:04:35 EST 2014

Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com>:

> So obviously your zigzaggy diffs are showing that the person who wrote
> the code is *not* using tabs for indent and spaces for alignment.

Source code lives easily for ten years or longer. It is touched by
numerous people in different groups or even companies under different
stylistic preferences. In fact, people rarely have the luxury or
inclination to think in terms of style.

> Since tabs and spaces are not visibly distinguished, it's not readily
> apparent when one is properly using tabs and spaces together,

Your "properly" is different from my "properly," I bet.

Marko