Do you like the current design of python.org?

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 5 02:33:31 EST 2014

Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> writes:

> Did you ever hit the "Socialize" button?

No.

> Are you eager to see the latest
> tweets when you are reading a PEP?

No.

> Do you run away screaming from a page
> where nothing moves without you hitting a button?

No, I like pages where I am in control.

> Do you appreciate the
> choice between ten or so links to the documentation?

Maybe, I have bookmarked my route to the documentation - and
usually do not see the choices. But, when I need to update my
bookmark, I might like the choices.

> PS: Is there a twitter.com something that I can block to trade black friday
> and cyber monkey sales for a box with a good old error message?

I have used a firewall to reject connections to intrusive sites
(like "facebook" and "Google"). Under "Linux", I used "lsof -i"
to find out to which sites connections are made without my knowledge.
I then used "http://www.heise.de/netze/tools/whois/" to find out to
which organisations those sites belong and banned them with
firewall rules when those connections did not seem to satisfy
a justified aim.