Python docs disappointing

jtan admin at grails.asia
Thu Dec 4 18:33:33 EST 2014

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Albert van der Horst <
albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> In article <mailman.16030.1416502295.18130.python-list at python.org>,
> Joel Goldstick  <joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> Plain google is far superior in finding information.
>
> And you tell me that writing yet another tutorial would improve that?
> No, there is just one way. The powers that be should look critically
> at their website, and test it with a beginners hat on.

The community is in the best place to document  language.  And community is
not limited to the official doc site.  That includes outsiders doing their
share of writing tutorials and whatnot.  I don't find anything wrong about
that.

If you have problems with the docs, why not be a part of the solution?
Write a doc for numpy and contribute it to the community.

Man, I remember using MSDN 15 years ago when working with Visual Studio.
And it's a paid product with docs. It's horrendous.

> >I'm trying to wrap my mind around DOCUMENTION being STUPID.
> >
> >--
> >Joel Goldstick
> >http://joelgoldstick.com
>
> Groetjes Albert
> --
> Albert van der Horst, UTRECHT,THE NETHERLANDS
> Economic growth -- being exponential -- ultimately falters.
> albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst
>
> --

Freelance Grails <http://grails.asia/> and Java <http://javadevnotes.com/>
 developer