Cherrypy - prevent browser "prefetch"?

Nobody nobody at nowhere.invalid
Wed Dec 3 11:09:24 EST 2014

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:41:33 +0000, John Gordon wrote:

> GET shouldn't cause any business data modifications, but I thought it was
> allowed for things like logging out of your session.

GET isn't supposed to have observable side-effects. "Observable" excludes
things like logs and statistics, but getting logged out of your session is
definitely observable.

meaning that they're not in any standard) exist because web developers
seem to be uniquely bad at distinguishing between specified behaviour
and "seems to work".

But realistically, this horse is not only out of the barn but half way
around the world by now. So many sites misuse GET that there has to be
workarounds for it (to be honest, I'm surprised that they haven't made it
into a standard yet).