Cherrypy - prevent browser "prefetch"?

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Tue Dec 2 17:24:59 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014, at 10:59, Israel Brewster wrote:
> Primary because they aren’t forms, they are links. And links are, by
> definition, GET’s. That said, as I mentioned in earlier replies, if using
> a form for a simple link is the Right Way to do things like this, then I
> can change it.

As I understand it, the usual way to do this these days is to have a
link which, A) when navigated to, provides a simple standalone form
confirming the action with a button and B) when clicked on with a
browser with javascript enabled, automatically submits a hidden form, or
an AJAX/JSON request or something, to accomplish the same task skipping
the standalone page entirely. This will also have the effect of keeping
these entries out of your browser history.

Any action which has harmful or annoying side effects should definitely
not be a GET.