How about some syntactic sugar for " __name__ == '__main__' "?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Dec 2 15:47:25 EST 2014

On 02Dec2014 02:17, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>On 12/01/2014 05:15 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Ethan Furman wrote:
>>> Put the above somewhere in your path (e.g. /usr/local/bin), make it
executable, and then instead of shebanging your
>>> scripts with `/usr/local/bin/python` you can use `/usr/local/bin/py_main`, which will load and execute the script,
>>> calling script.main as its last act.
>>
>> Be aware that this trick (shebanging to a script rather than a binary)
>> isn't specified by the POSIX standard. It works on Linux, but I don't
>> know about other systems.
>
>Ah, thanks for that!

I'm pretty sure I've used systems where you could not shebang to a script.
Solaris IIRC. Several years ago, might not be an issue on modern releases.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

For reading rec.moto, I use one of those carbon-fiber Logitech mice w/a
little 'No Fear' sticker on it. - Mike Hardcore DoD#5010 <moike at netcom.com>
                                  Apologies to Primus