Python and GUI development

Rod Person rodperson at rodperson.com
Mon Dec 1 17:43:06 EST 2014

On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 23:13:32 +1100
Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Ganesh Pal <ganesh1pal at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I want to design a GUI interface for my project . I wanted it to
> > use it Python and it has to work on freebsd .       Please
> > provide me the latest trends for GUI development with python.
> >
> > Regard s
> > Ganesh
>
> There are lots of Python GUI toolkits. You can use GTK with
> PyGObject, or PyQt, or wxPython, or Tkinter, or any of quite a few
> lesser-known ones. You could do a quick web search to find out
> which ones work on FreeBSD (probably all, or at least most, of
> them), and then you could find out something about each one, and
> make a decision based on that.
>
> ChrisA

All of the above mentioned work on FreeBSD as I used all to some
extent for GUI Apps on FreeBSD.

I would say the easiest for a newbie would be PyQt for the fact that
you can use the Eric IDE (http://www.freshports.org/devel/eric4/)
which will install the QtDesigner which makes designing GUIs easier.

--
Rod

http://www.rodperson.com

He who knows himself to be one way and pretends it is another way is a
thief who robs his own soul.

  The Mahabharata
     Sakuntala 25