I have tried and errored a reasonable amount of times

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Sat Aug 30 17:48:48 EDT 2014

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 22:21:40 +0100, Mark Lawrence
<breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On 30/08/2014 19:48, Tim Chase wrote:
>> On 2014-08-30 14:27, Seymore4Head wrote:
>>> I really tried to get this without asking for help.
>>>
>>> mylist = ["The", "earth", "Revolves", "around", "Sun"]
>>> print (mylist)
>>> for e in mylist:
>>>
>>>   # one of these two choices should print something.  Since neither
>>> does, I am missing something subtle.
>>>
>>>      if e[0].isupper == False:
>>>          print ("False")
>>>      if e[0].isupper == True:
>>>          print ("True")
>>>
>>> I am sure in the first , third and fifth choices should be true.
>>> Right now, I am just testing the first letter of each word.
>>
>> There's a difference between e[0].isupper which refers to the method
>> itself, and e[0].isupper() which then calls that method.  Call the
>> method, and you should be good to go.
>>
>> -tkc
>>

>For the OP use the interactive prompt to see for yourself.  Compare:-
><built-in method isupper of str object at 0x0000000003D14FB8>
>False

That would work now, but I didn't even know no.isupper() was command
until 15 min ago.  :)

I have been told that one is a method and the other calls a method.  I
still have to learn exactly what that means.  I'm getting there.

Thanks