Why is w9xpopen.exe bundled with Python 2.7 on Windows?

ps16thypresenceisfullnessofjoy at gmail.com ps16thypresenceisfullnessofjoy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 10:45:47 EDT 2014

Thanks, that's interesting. It seems odd to me that w9xpopen.exe (because of its name) is still used on Windows 7, so I can see why it was removed in Python 3.4.
Since I don't use the popen function at all in my application, I think it should be OK to exclude w9xpopen.exe in my py2exe setup script, especially since it's suggested in the change log for py2exe 0.6.3 (http://www.py2exe.org/old/).