Keeping python code and database in sync

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Aug 29 22:14:05 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 6:54 PM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> Thus endeth my attempts to train Skip's Polly.  But I am curious -- if 'suckitude' is in immediate contact with punctuation such as just now, or at the end of a sentence, does it not count?  That would be suckitude indeed! ;)

Thank you all, "suckitude" made it into the corpus, or cruft, or
dustbin, whatever. :-)

? dict /usr/share/dict/words
accessing accounts adapted adding addressed adds adjusted adjusting
advantages advertised aired akumbo algorithms alister allen allowed
subscribed suckitude suffered suggested suggestions suggests suited

/usr/share/dict/words really isn't a very good dictionary. Note all
the words that are valid but which get flagged, mostly because they
have common suffixes applied to words. I'll fix that shortly.

Yes, "words" are skipped if they contain anything other than lower
case alphabetic characters. Really simple words = text.split(), then
discard words not meeting the criteria.

Skip