Media Conversion Using Python - Converting MP3 to Other Formats

Akira Li 4kir4.1i at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 19:46:09 EDT 2014

Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> On 25/08/2014 16:28, Parth Trivedi wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I need some help of yours. I want to convert audio in MP3 format to
>> other formats including uncompressed raw format, WAV etc. and I am using
>> python 2.7. Is there any built-in module I can use or any third party
>> modules available ?
>>
>> Please help me on this. I would be very grateful.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Parth T.
>>

> There are a number of extremely useful third party pieces of software
> available to help with this.  They are called "search engines".  What
> have you tried with them, what problems did you have, what else do you
> need to know about them?
>
> If you'd have tried these rather obscure beasts, you might have found
> https://docs.python.org/2/py-modindex.html or
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi
>
> You can do the rest from there.

Curated lists [1] might be useful. If you don't know what you are searching
for then a search engine might return a wrong answer that you won't be
able to recognize as one (Catch-22).

[1] https://github.com/vinta/awesome-python#audio

Everybody needs to start somewhere.

Having said that, a search query: “python mp3” [2] returns useful
results for me.

[2] https://duckduckgo.com/?q=python+mp3

--
Akira