Thread terminate

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Aug 28 18:30:28 EDT 2014

On 28Aug2014 12:02, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
>Ervin Hegedüs <airween at gmail.com>:
>> at this time there is only one thread, as you wrote. I just try
>> to prepare it to higher load, when one thread will not enough...
>
>Threads are a necessary evil when dealing with blocking function calls,
>but evil they remain. [...snip...]

Feh. Threads are not evil. I wish people would not insist on this mantra.

Threads have a lot of potential to make managing your program harder if you
don't exercise proper discipline. But if you pay attention and exercise care,
they are a good approach for various circumstances, and far more lightweight
than spawning distinct processes.

CHeers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.   - Doug Gwyn