IDLE has suddenly become FAWLTY - so should I be hitting it with a big stick, or what?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 19:07:03 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 4:01 AM, Twirlip2 <ahrodg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've been using IDLE with Python 3.4.0 on Windows XP (SP3), since March this year, and since May I've been running IDLE almost continuously, using it scores of times every day,

Just to clarify: When you say "continuously", do you mean that you
keep it running for long periods of time? Because I've had various
issues on XP with leaving Idle running forever - it begins to take
arbitrarily long to switch back to it after leaving it, umm, idle for
a while. This is on a 32-bit system with 2GB of RAM. These days, I
tend to shut Idle down when I'm done with it.

ChrisA