PyPI password rules

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:16:37 EDT 2014

A huge THANK YOU to whoever set the rules for PyPI passwords! You're
allowed to go with a monocase password, as long as it's at least 16
characters in length. Finally, someone who recognizes XKCD 936
passwords!

And yes, I generated an XKCD 936 password for the job. My parrot is
good at that... uses a dictionary consisting of every word ever noted
by her, and can optionally trim it to "most common N words" for any
given value of N. Currently, her full dictionary is 12759 words, which
is better than the original estimate of 2048. And hey. If anyone wants
to try brute-forcing a known 936 password, I'm happy to watch them
play with Polly to figure out her dictionary. It'd be fun. Look at all
that futility!

ChrisA