Working with decimals

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Sat Aug 23 15:48:25 EDT 2014

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 20:24:41 +0100, Mark Lawrence
<breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On 23/08/2014 20:07, Seymore4Head wrote:
>>
>> Funny, I though using the web would be better than a book.  I don't
>> think so anymore.  Using the web, it is hard to find square one
>> tutorial text.
>>

>Try typing something like "python string formatting tutorial" into your
>favourite search engine and you'll find things like
>https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/inputoutput.html or
>http://www.python-course.eu/python3_formatted_output.php

Thanks for the links.   The python-course looks like a beginner start.
It raises one more question.

Some have suggested using strings.  I understand that strings and
numbers are not the same thing.  I know that converting numbers to
strings can be useful for display, but you would think that there
would be enough demand for a built in set of instructions that handle
money calculations accurately.