Global indent

mm0fmf none at mailinator.com
Sat Aug 23 07:50:28 EDT 2014

On 22/08/2014 20:46, Seymore4Head wrote:
> http://gvim.en.softonic.com/   Has a snazzy look, but I think it is not
> compatible with Windows so it looks like I might have to try Emacs.

Others will disagree but I find keeping Windows and *nix separate helps
me a lot.

So I'll use emacs on Linux for C++/Python/Tcl and VisualStudio /
NotePad++ on Windows. Using Windows style editors on Windows just seems
to be easier, whenever I try emacs on Windows it doesn't feel right and
I start thinking more about the editor and less about what is being edited.

You may be comfortable with emacs on Windows but part of my job is
producing C++ and C# code for Windows so VisualStudio is the order of
the day and so using NotePad++ for Python works for me.

YMMV

Andy