Global indent

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 23 06:17:24 EDT 2014

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 18:19:21 +1000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Rob Gaddi wrote:
>
>> Emacs and vim both have huge learning curves that I've decided aren't
>> worth climbing.
>
> In my opinion, they are designed for people willing and able to commit
> to memory dozens, even hundreds, of obscure key sequences to get the
> simplest thing done. They are not designed for easy exploration of the
> application: you either know the command that you want, or you're stuck.
>
> Besides, the standard text editor is ed:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed-msg.html
>

>> Notepad++ is an excellent GUI text editor for Windows.
>> Geany is nearly as good, and runs on anything.
>
> I have never used Notepad++, but I can give Geany good reviews. It's
> nearly as good as kate in KDE 3, and much better than kate in KDE 4.

I'll give Geany another thumbs up

it is quite well featured but still light weight (i tend to do my
personal work on a netbook so I don't have much in the way of resources)

for the original problem Shift & Cursor UP/Down to highlight the block
then Ctrl-I to indent or Ctrl-u to unindent.

--
Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
		-- Steven Wright