Python vs C++

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 17:56:59 EDT 2014

On 08/22/2014 03:49 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> My main issue with callbacks in either C or C++ is that functions
> aren't first-class objects. You can pass function pointers around (and
> you don't need (void *) to do it, you can use typed function pointers
> just fine), but you can't actually construct a function at run-time.

I'm not sure I fully understand your meaning.  You seem to prefer
dynamic languages, which is great because this is the Python list after
all.  I'm not sure I know of any statically compiled language that lets
one construct a function at run-time.  I know Boost supports lambda
functions but I'm not sure this is quite what you are referring to either.